■What is APDEC?
APDEC was born from IDEC（International Democratic Education Conference）. IDEC is the conference where youth and adults concerning to democratic education come together once a year. Participants share their experiences and discuss about the current issues. Through the IDECs, the participants from Asia and Pacific area want to have regional gatherings and more. We share similar situations more less than all the international situations and moreover, we are neighbors.
After many conversations at IDECs, we started the first one in 2016 Taiwan. We had hart warming meetings at the previous APDEC. At this APDEC, we want to go forward. To build good relationships, we need to know one another. We focus on knowing regional situation and individual school activities. These sharing will be good basis for our future relation.
In the morning, we have key notes, key persons of the each region will introduce the situation. In some regions, they have networks. These activities are shared through these keynotes.
We may have some uniqueness in Asia and Pacific. We can find out these through the keynotes. We also plan to have key notes from outside of APDEC area, because we think it’s good to know the tradition of democratic education and future idea of it. These keynotes are planned to translate into English, Korean, Chinese and Japanese.
■Open Space Activities
We want varieties of workshops, discussions and something interesting, fun and fascinating during this conference. We plan to have plenty of open space activities. Please join with your great ideas.
Open space is very important part of APDEC. Any participant can propose and run a workshop, discussion, whatever the one wants to do. For example, introducing own democratic school, a drama show, sharing experiences from one’s democratic school. Your idea is very much welcome.
■Information of the Conference
1st August ～ 5th August 2017
Participation Fees (Over Sea Participants)
|Individual||40,000 JPY||34,000 JPY|
|Group (ten and more)||30,000 JPY||25,000 JPY|
Please let us know, your food restriction. We cannot guarantee we can prepare all the necessary foods. But we want to make efforts as much as we can.
The accommodation application is already fully booked. Thanks a lot.
National Olympics Memorial Youth Center (NYC)
Address: 3-1. Yoyogi Kamizono-cho, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo
●From Narita Airport
1. Take the JR Sobu Line to Shinjuku Station (Narita Express about 80-90 minutes).
2. Transfer to a local train on the Odakyu Line (about 3 minutes).
3. The NIYE(NYC) is about 7 minutes walk from the station.
●From Haneda Airport
1. Take the Tokyo Monorail to Hamamatsucho(about 23 minutes).
2. Get JR Yamanote Line to Shinjuku(bound for Shibuya, about 23 minutes), Or take the Keikyu Line to Shinagawa station(about 16 minutes). Get JR Yamanote Line to Shinjuku(bound for Shibuya, about 23 minutes)
3. Transfer at Shinjuku station to local train on Odakyu Line.
4. Get off at Sangubashi station(about 3 minutes from Shinjuku).
5. The NIYE(NYC) is about 7 minutes walk from the station.
- The Mainichi Newspapers Co.,Ltd.
- The Japan Times, Ltd.
- NPO Futoko Newspapers